It wasn’t until 1973, when Stag’s Leap Cabernet Sauvignon and a Chardonnay from Château Montelana were judged to be the best in the world at the famous Paris Wine Show that the quality of the Californian wine industry was truly confirmed in the eyes of Europe.
Most all varieties are planted these days in the United States, from Syrah to Tempranillo, Pinot Noir to Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Viognier and every blend in between. Key varieties are Californian Cabernet, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel and Chardonnay. Cooler climates such as Oregon and Washington produce brilliant Pinot Noir. Even states previously considered too hot and arid for wine, like Arizona are being planted, with great results.
- Rich, dark and enticing, the aromatics deliver savory black pepper, blended with dark floral aroma. Dark and decadent blueberry and blackberry cobbler flavours with a lively acid line. ... Learn More
- Crimson in the glass with aromas of dark chocolate, cherry and a hint of roasted coffee. Rich and full textured on the palate with profound dark fruit. The finish brings succulent tannins and is long reaching, sticking with you until ... Learn More
- Multiple Gold Medal winner from California's Paso Robles appellation – one of the world’s most exciting wine regions. 100% barrel fermented in French and American oak barrels and aged for 6 months on lees. Delicious apple and peach aromas with a suggestion ... Learn More
- 4x Gold Medal winner from California's Paso Robles appellation – one of the world’s most exciting wine regions. 100% barrel fermented in French and American oak barrels and aged for 6 months on lees. Delicious apple and peach aromas with a suggestion ... Learn More
- A new release from California's Paso Robles appellation – one of the world’s most exciting wine regions. Medium to full bodied wine with smoky aromatics of blackberries, dried herbs and coffee. Aged for 14 months in 100% new oak with a rich ... Learn More
- A full bodied, flavourful wine from California's Paso Robles appellation – one of the world’s most exciting wine regions. A core of dark fruit and blackcurrant aromas, with cedar spice and cocoa. Aged for 18 months in French & Eastern European oak ... Learn More
- Wine Spectator: 90/100 "Generous, with fresh fruit, accented by cherry jam, dried sage and white pepper flavors, lingering on a sleek finish." With a bouquet of cedar, spice, and sun-ripened blackberries, this wine makes a strong first impression. Bold and richly ... Learn More
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER, BUT PACK STILL AVAILABLE**
Join our Master of Wine, Alistair Cooper, live from the UK, who will be hosting our series of online, interactive tastings so wine lovers across NZ ... Learn More
- This wine is Maynard James Keenan’s take on a Chianti Classico. Bright, lifted aromas of strawberry & cherry, and a beautiful medium body supported with bright acid and well structured tannins. Proof that these varietals are right at home in ... Learn More
- The highly sought after cult wine from Arizona, USA, family owned & operated by Maynard Keenan. A 'shape-shifting' blend, custom made based on the vintage. Expect an immediately enticing aroma of wood smoke, leather and spice with hints of red fruit ... Learn More
- A classic cool climate Syrah from one of the most well regarded Syrah vineyards in Sonoma, Las Madres. The wine is fermented with 40% whole cluster and sees a very small amount of new Hungarian oak. The wine opens with elegant ... Learn More
- 70% Sangiovese, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Sagrantino, 10% Aglianico. Arizona’s expression of a Super Tuscan. Rich and complex yet alive with harmony and balance. Benefiting from decanting in its youth, there is a constant evolution as the wine opens up to the air. ... Learn More
- 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Cabernet Franc, 20% Petite Sirah from Cochise County, Southern Arizona. "We consider this wine to be the beefiest beef friendly wine in our line up. Anubis is the gate keeper and this wine is the gateway for those in ... Learn More