Yarra Valley, Adelaide Hills, Margaret River, Orange in New South Wales and Tasmania are all regions which produce wonderful examples of Sauvignon Blanc. The coolest vintages have “grassy”, gooseberry characters, whereas, warmer vintages show more passionfruit flavour, but still with the trademark zingy acidity. In Margaret River, Sauvignon Blanc is often blended with Semillon, this creates a perfect partnership and a fuller style of wine. In New Zealand, Cloudy Bay in the 1980s began producing stunning Sauvignon Blanc wines with extraordinarily intense nettly, gooseberry, and asparagus fruit, that set Marlborough firmly on the world wine map. Today Sauvignon Blanc is now New Zealand's trademark grape.
Sauvignon Blanc is an important white grape in France, especially Bordeaux and the Loire Valley. It thrives on the gravelly soils of Bordeaux, where it is blended with Sémillon to produce Bordeaux Blancs and Cru Classé White Graves. Elsewhere in Bordeaux, it is also blended with Sémillon, to produce the amazing dessert wines of Sauternes. In the Loire Valley and particularly on the chalky soils found in Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumé. The wines produced are very different to New World equivalents, they tend to be less pungent, more restrained, mineral with smoky, gunflint notes.
After initial problems, it is now grown very successfully in Chile. The wines are almost halfway between the Loire and New Zealand in terms of fruit character.
- Bright, even, pale straw-yellow. The nose is fresh and vibrant, well-packed with aromas of tropical guava, passionfruit, lime, penetrating with a dusting of white pepper, along with lime flowers, herbaceous notes of capsicum. Medium-light bodied, the palate is fresh with ... Learn More
- This is a generously flavoursome Sauvignon Blanc with flavours of tropical fruit, fresh herbs with a mouthwatering mineral drive. The nose is intensity vibrant, aromas of tropical lime, passionfruit, along with fresh herbs & peppery spice. Thirst-quenching acidity provides liveliness, flows ... Learn More
- Sam Kim: "Fresh and inviting, the bouquet shows green apple, rockmelon, kiwifruit and lemon zest aromas." Gold NZ International Wine Show 2020- 2nd year running! Produced from a single vineyard in the Lower Wairau plains, which has belonged to the ... Learn More
- Winery notes - Winemaker Todd Stevens pursues complex aromatics while remaining true to varietal characteristics. As with the rest of the Neudorf portfolio textural interest is a major component. In the winery we use 100% wild ferment, and this along with 20% ... Learn More
- Classically crisp, world-renowned Marlborough style. Considered to be one of the best Sauvignons in Marlborough every year, Greywacke emphasise ripeness in the vineyard to produce a sophisticated and satisfying style of Sauvignon Blanc. Highly perfumed with ripe nectarine, lifted elderflower, ... Learn More
- A single vineyard reserve wine from renowned winemaker, Rebecca Salmond- exclusive to United Cellars. Carefully handpicked from the Brancott Valley, this is a beautiful expression of Marlborough terrior. Mouth-watering aromas of passionfruit, lime and dried herb characteristics. A luscious palate, ... Learn More
You can't go past Champagne for Mum this Mother's Day. We've put together a selection Mum will love, including a gold-medal-winning Champagne, a vibrant, mouth-watering Nelson Sauvignon Blanc and a classy, moreish rose from the south of France. A ... Learn More