Riesling was first planted in New Zealand in the 1970s and has flourished in the relatively cool climates of the Marlborough, Central Otago area and for late harvests in the Nelson region.
Alsace is famous for producing outstanding Riesling from dry austere to Vendages Tardives and Sélection de Grains Nobles. They tend to be fuller, more savoury and viscous wines than those of other countries.
In Germany, Riesling constitutes around 20% of total plantings. The best examples are planted on south-facing slate-rich slopes. Germany produces many different styles from dry perfumed wines with racy, mineral acidity to exotically lush flavours of their great late harvest wines.
- A new range of floral whites & roses from Anchorage Estate. Delicate aromas of granny smith apple and lime blossom leading on to bright citrus flavours and mouth-watering minerality. Dry to finish- a great food wine. ... Learn More
- From the stunning Marlborough region come a wine based on innovation and excellence. Drs John & Brigid Forrest have created this low alcohol wine with very select parcels of fruit that has earned critical acclaim ever since it's first release. A ... Learn More
- Deliciously crisp & highly refreshing Riesling, made with Ataahua's focus on minimal handling & utmost care. Carefully hand picked from Waipara and made in a medium to off-dry style. An immensely fragrant bouquet of Navel orange, pink grapefruit and cherry blossom, with ... Learn More
- A single vineyard Riesling with a bright natural acidity from Otago's legendary wine producers, Matt & James Dicey. Medium-dry, with a concentrated green apple and pear flavours, crisp acidity and a persistent apricot and honey finish. Beautifully balanced with 25g R/ ... Learn More
- Bright fragrant aromas of freshly squeezed lime juice, lemongrass and wet slate. The palate shows fruit concentration well supported by clean acidity. Lemon zest and spiced lime flavors are accented by scents of orange blossom. The dry palate and light-body ... Learn More
- Hand harvest with keen attention to detail, this Riesling is made from the infamous Dry River Rd. 6g R/S balances a zesty citrus acidity, often compared to Eden or Clair Valley in Australia. Drinking beautifully now, but will continue ... Learn More
- Hand harvest with keen attention to detail, this Riesling is made from the infamous Dry River Road. 31g R/S disguises the low alcohol percentage and a slight effervescence sets it apart from other wines. Sassy aromatics of lime, citrus ... Learn More
- James Suckling: "This nails the genre of intense, off-dry riesling and delivers mouthwatering white-peach and lime flavors with attractively fresh and fragrant style. Acidity is pitched in just right on the finish. Delicious!" Fromm's Spatlese Riesling offers a truly world ... Learn More
- This is a wonderfully aromatic dry Riesling, with classic Clare Valley flavours. It’s bright and fresh with intense aromatics of classic lime, floral and pear drop characters. Mouth watering lime, citrus and orange flavours burst across the palate underpinned ... Learn More
- Grown on the infamous Dry River Rd by the enigmatic & poetic Tim Coney. This is a gentle, softly honeyed, off-dry Riesling with delicate exotic flavours. Subtle aromatics of lime & florals, hints of botrytis and nuances of honey. ... Learn More
- A Riesling from an award winning winemaker in the stunning Waitaki Valley. Off-dry but crisp and lingering, with a well-balanced acid backbone. Fresh and wonderful as a young wine, the distinctive Waitaki acidity ensues great potential for ageing. ... Learn More
- A highly sought after library release from Otago's legendary producers, Matt & James Dicey. This Riesling has a supreme life to it. It is sitting only on the dry side of medium, so there is still the ghostly shade of pleasant ... Learn More
- Freshly squeezed lime juice, Granny Smith apple with hints of chalk and jasmine flower on the nose awaken the palate to zesty lemon, lime, spicy white pepper and incredible earthiness that sings of limestone soils. The prominent acidity is beautifully ... Learn More
- Bob Campbell: "Lime zest, white flowers, struck-flint, oyster-shell and green apple characters. The wine builds attractive sweet-and-sour tension. Power, purity and a mouth-watering finish." Made by the hugely respected Kevin Judd, founding winemaker at Cloudy Bay, the fruit for this ... Learn More
- A rare allocation of this highly sought Australian Riesling. Sourced from the Eden Valley, high in the Barossa ranges. Incredible notes of complex palate weight, minerality & softness on the finish. Aged for 10 months on lees before a further 12 months in ... Learn More
- The 2019 Settler Riesling presents enticing florals and intense citrus aromatics, like freshly squeezed lemon juice. The palate is elegant and balanced, evoking citrus zest flavours and a crisp minerality. The lingering finish is well-balanced by a line of crunchy natural ... Learn More
- A very special, aged German Riesling from a family owned winery in the heart of Mosel. Bright caramelized apple & honeyed pear aromas with firm mineral notes. Rich with sweet depth and well-developed complexities of honeysuckle, apricot & subtle citrus. The palate ... Learn MoreSchwaab-Kiebel 'Erdener Treppchen' Riesling Auslese 1998NZ$44.99 Per item
- Elegant Riesling from a small block of old vines in the Craighall Vineyard. Rigorous hand harvesting in multiple passes has brought a wine of supreme quality and potential. A beautiful lift and freshness run through this delicately ripe wine, with ... Learn More
- Bob Campbell: 95/100 "An attractive wine with impressive purity and underlying power." Elegant Riesling from a small block of old vines in the Craighall Vineyard. Rigorous hand harvesting in multiple passes has brought a wine of supreme quality and potential. A ... Learn More
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER**
Join our Master of Wine, Alistair Cooper, live from the UK, who will be hosting our series of online, interactive tastings so wine lovers across NZ can be involved. This ... Learn More
Celebrate the latest release of the internationally acclaimed Dry River wines. Each vintage is unique & none celebrate it better than Dry River, with organic farming and low-intervention winemaking practices. Join us as we sip & chat our way ... Learn More
This pack includes a 4th library release Pinot Noir from Wilco Lam's first vintage as head winemaker, to be tasted at the end of the session in a smaller, more intimate group- extremely limited allocations!
Celebrate the ... Learn More