The five subregions of Clare Valley are - Sevenhill, Clare, Watervale, Polish Hill and Auburn, each influenced by the interweaving creeks and valleys and each with its unique soil types, climate and altitude. Throughout the region, the moderately continental climate, with its cool to cold nights and warm to hot summer days are ideal for producing its most important white, Riesling.
Whilst Riesling is no doubt the king white grape for the region, very elegant Shiraz with soft palates and Cabernet Sauvignons are produced there too. Lesser amounts of Sémillon are grown, though Grenache and blends like Shiraz/Cabernet or Cabernet Sauvignon/Malbec can also be deliciously smooth and textural.
Grosset produces arguably Australia's finest Rieslings from his Clare Valley Winery. Atlas and Leo Buring too create nice Rieslings.
- Bright fragrant aromas of freshly squeezed lime juice, lemongrass and wet slate. The palate shows fruit concentration well supported by clean acidity. Lemon zest and spiced lime flavors are accented by scents of orange blossom. The dry palate and light-body ... Learn More
- Wine Selector's Top 50 Wines of 2018. Unbelievable value & a must have for any lovers of Clare Valley Shiraz! A beautifully structured wine, abundant in rich fruit flavour. Very approachable, with generous amounts of plush black and red fruits, black olives and ... Learn More
- This is a wonderfully aromatic dry Riesling, with classic Clare Valley flavours. It’s bright and fresh with intense aromatics of classic lime, floral and pear drop characters. Mouth watering lime, citrus and orange flavours burst across the palate underpinned ... Learn More
- The 2019 Settler Riesling presents enticing florals and intense citrus aromatics, like freshly squeezed lemon juice. The palate is elegant and balanced, evoking citrus zest flavours and a crisp minerality. The lingering finish is well-balanced by a line of crunchy natural ... Learn More
- A rich, juicy Clare Valley Shiraz with amazing class. A powerful and intense wine with blackcurrants, liquorice, cinnamon, nutmeg and dusty oak on the nose. Elegant and rich, the palate is also textural and supple, with firm tannins and well-integrated ... Learn More
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER, BUT PACK STILL AVAILABLE**
Join our Master of Wine, Alistair Cooper, live from the UK, who will be hosting our series of online, interactive tastings so wine lovers across NZ ... Learn More
Deliciously crisp Rieslings from "down under"- perfect for summer. Hand-picked from some of Australia's best Riesling producers, these wines are fresh & crisp, loaded with mouth-watering aromatics. Only while stocks last!... Learn More