Champagne is made from 3 grapes. The two red grapes Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier and the white grape Chardonnay. All three are commonly blended though a ‘blanc de blanc’ meaning ‘white from white’ indicates that only Chardonnay was used. Conversely a ‘blanc de noir’ or ‘white from black’ indicates that the two red grapes were used.
A common misconception is that Champagne was invented by Dom Pérignon. Although this is not the case, he made considerable contributions to the quality and production methods used in the region. The very first bottles of Champagne were created by accident, and coined ‘the devil’s wine’ for all the popping corks. Sparkling wine in Australia was referred to as Champagne but this practise has long been disallowed.
Methode Champenoise is the traditional method by which Champagne is produced and if you see Millisime on a bottle, it represents the fact that the wine comes from a particular vintage rather than being blended, which is the more common practice.
Icons such as Dom Pérignon and Krug are world reknowned, but we find as much pleasure in the smaller Champagne houses such as Gosset and Jacquinot. Magnums are perfect for the festive occasions and half bottles are also available.
- Moët Impérial is the House’s iconic champagne. Created in 1869, it embodies Moët & Chandon’s unique style, a style distinguished by its bright fruitiness, its seductive palate and its elegant maturity. Broad and stylish, with a creamy ... Learn More
- A blend of 60% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay and 10% Pinot Meunier, only from Grand Cru and Premier Cru vineyards, this is exceptional quality Champagne for an unbelievable price! One of the finest Grower Champagnes on the market, crafting luxury Champagne for more ... Learn More
- If you like your Champagne dry & clean with great fruity notes, this is the one! Since 1770, the Orban family has been growing grapes in Troissy, a region renowned for its Pinot Meunier. The wine has a fine mousse and supple ... Learn More
- Made from 40% Pinot Noir, 40% Pinot Meuneir & 20% Chardonnay from Premier Cru vineyards, and aged for two years in bottle before release. Deep aromas of fresh fruits and hint of nuts. The taste is full bodied and rich with fruit though elegant ... Learn More
- The signature wine of an elite Champagne House, producing wine for over 80 years. An exclusive United Cellars import, with stunning freshness & balance. 100% Grand Cru fruit with more than 36 months on lees. Fresh, pure flavours of apple, apricot, tropical fruit & honey ... Learn More
- Consistently, classy, light & fresh, celebrating the purity of Cuis. 100% Chardonnay from five different harvests, blended in a subtle but classic "Pierre Gimonnet" style. Low dosage and aged in bottle for up to 30 months before release. "One of the most pristine ... Learn More
- 100% Grand Cru fruit. Pinot Noir & Chardonnay blend. The nose is a combination of ripe citrus fruits with a buttery overtone and flowery finish. The flavours are fresh and vibrant, of peaches, melons and raspberry with light hazelnut nuance adding depth ... Learn More
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER**
Join our Master of Wine, Alistair Cooper, live from the UK, who will be hosting our series of online, interactive tastings during the COVID-19 lockdown. This pack contains a bottle ... Learn More
- A true expression of the finest Chardonnay with a touch of the finest Grand Cru Pinot Noir. Crafted by the Champagne house that has been renowned for generations for the quality of the Blanc de Blancs. "The ultimate aperitif Rose" ... Learn More
- 100% Oger Grand Cru Chardonnay old vine fruit from Terres de Noël, Fondy and Champs Nérons. The Gimonnet family has been working the vineyards of Champage since 1650. 30 months bottle ageing before disgorgement creates a premium, suductively easy drinking Champagne ... Learn More
- The trump card of this luxury Champagne House, who have been crafting artisinal bubbles for more than two centuries. A pure expression of 100% Pinot Noir from Urville & exclusive to United Cellars. Low sulphites, zero dosage & unfiltered to preserve as much ... Learn More
- 100% Grand Cru fruit from the villages of Chouilly and Ay. Only produced in exceptional years, of which 2013 was most definitely one. Chardonnay dominant, showing gorgeous white flowers, green apple and sweet caramel popcorn. A small percent of Pinot Noir adds ... Learn MoreCHAMPAGNE AUTREAU BRUT RESERVE GRAND CRU VINTAGE 2013NZ$99.99 Per item
- Jean-Manuel Jacquinot obtained a degree in Oenology at the esteemed University of Reims. After this he became trainee oenologist at the world famous house of Veuve Clicquot. Today, Jean-Manuel has over 20 years of experience in making Champagne, is a Member ... Learn MoreCHAMPAGNE JACQUINOT 'SYMPHONIE ROSE MILLESIME' 2013NZ$109.99 Per item
- The best of the best- sourced from this established Champagne producer's oldest vines. 60% Chardonnay & 40% Pinot Noir from Epernay, aged for almost 8 years on lees before release. Exclusively imported by United Cellars for that special occasion. A wonderfully creamy mousse & aromas ... Learn More
- The best of the best! Single vintage, single vineyard Cote de Blancs Champagne from ancient 100+ year old vines- the equivalent of of a Prestige Cuvée. Rich, creamy, utterly sensuous and deep with notes of lemon rind, apples, marzipan, freshly ... Learn More
- An exuberant tribute to Madame Clicquot, reflecting her quest for perfection. A simply unforgettable head turner, only made in exceptional years. A rich, complex nose of stone fruits, dried apricot, gingerbread and fresh pastries. On the palate are layers of ... Learn More
This great selection of wines from Tempest Cove will ensure that your wine supply is perfectly sorted for any meal or mood that comes your way. And we are including a FREE bottle of Drappier 1er Cru Champagne to ... Learn More
- Rounded, silky and beguiling, Dom Perignon is not merely one of the most beautiful Champagnes but one of the world's most beautiful wines period. The 2008 vintage is an absolute classic in the making and this is destined to be one ... Learn More
This great selection of red wines will ensure that your wine supply is perfectly sorted for any meal or mood that comes your way. And we are including a FREE bottle of Drappier 1er Cru Champagne to toast to ... Learn More
- "My best Cristal ever on the market!" Jean-Baptiste Lécaillon, Cellar Master. "This is one of the greatest Roederer Cristal ever made" 100/100 James Suckling. An immensely powerful & impeccable wine- an icon of sophistication! Aged for 10 years before release. ... Learn More