Although South Australian Shiraz is a bigger, beefier wine than its southern French counterpart Syrah - no one can deny the region's propensity to produce world-class wines.
Shiraz is not the only variety cultivated in Barossa Valley, other red varieties such as Grenache, Mourvedre (Mataro) and to a lesser extent, Cabernet Sauvignon are also propagated here. The white varieties that thrive best seem to be Semillon and Chardonnay, which are generally oaked and undergo malolactic fermentation.
This style of big, full bodied Shiraz with rich, chocolate and spice notes became synonymous with not only the Barossa Valley but with Australian wine in general. In the words of Master of Wine Jancis Robinson, the Barossa Valley became "Australia's quintessential wine region".
The Valley has many subregions which all have unique terroirs. Seppeltsfield, Marananga, Greenock are to name but a few. With a huge number of wineries in such a small area and a host of accommodation, the region is very popular for wine-tourism.
- A Good Dirt is a tip of the hat to traditionalism, but with eyes firmly looking to enhancing the good times. 100% Premium Edition Shiraz from well established Barossan vineyards. Aged in French & American oak, creating approachable yet rich dark fruit ... Learn More
- Double Gold Medal & Best Value Award Winner- China WSA 2018. Imported direct from the Australia's greatest Shiraz growing region, offering a lush, velvety, mouth-filling experience. Vibrant red fruit and vanillin flavours, complimented with fine tannins and subtle toasty oak. ... Learn More
- A Good Dirt is a tip of the hat to traditionalism, but with eyes firmly looking to enhancing the good times. 100% Premium Edition Cabernet from well established Barossan vineyards. Full bodied but elegantly balanced with dark fruit & subtle tannins. ... Learn More
- A Southern Rhone blend with a distinct Barossan accent showcasing the unique qualities of 3 varietals whilst ensuring balance, purity of fruit and the utmost drinkability. Bright, bouncy aromas of cherries, raspberries & blueberries with soft pepper spice & lavender. The palate is ... Learn More
- Expect vibrant red fruits, savoury spice & delicious chalky phenolics. Aromas of strawberry jam and raspberries, with some more serious nuances of wild sage and cardamom. A dry Rose blend of 39% Grenache, 36% Mataro and 25% Montepulciano from some of the best kept ... Learn More
- A new release from Z Wines, a vineyard that has been in the family for over 5 generations. Made in a semi-sweet style, with bold aromas of lime, kerosene & wild honey. A crisp yet sweet wine with perfectly balanced acidity. Only 200 ... Learn More
- Limited edition & extremely collectible, with only 50 dozen created. Intense, aged characters of toffee apple, decadent butterscotch, Christmas cake and caramel flavours, with a long, chewy finish. A special dessert wine, aged for 10 years before release. ... Learn More
- The perfect weight, this wine is everything it should be and more! Sourced from vineyards in Greenock & Moppa, this wine is full of enticing aromas of plum, mulberry, blackberry, lavender, black pepper & star anise. Smooth & supple, with unassuming power & lingering ... Learn More
- The Barossa Valley Shiraz is generous in its dark plum and blackberry fruits. Notes of tar and graphite follow with hints of dried herbs and tobacco. The palate is rounded and supple with dark fruits and a supple tannin backbone ... Learn More
- Produced from saved & replanted pre-1860 vines on the banks of the North Para River. Rich and juicy raspberry and Satsuma plum fill the mouth, with allspice sweetness adding to the mouthfeel. The fruit is well balanced with hints of briary ... Learn More
- A special release designed to showcase the best of the vintage & what defines the terrior of Schild Estate. Meticulously crafted to offer full but fine tannins, with a vibrant focus & fruit complexity Soft layers of vibrant blackberries & plum fruit coupled ... Learn More
- Planted in 1843, some of the oldest and rarest vines in the world. Rich, sweet fruit is balanced wonderfully with briary and sweet spices and lovely, silky tannins. A full-bodied, textured wine, showing great complexity with hints of cedar and allspice ... Learn More
- The Schulz Shiraz speaks of true Northern Barossa style: rich, deep and opulent. Intense aromas of blueberry, blackberry jam, vanilla musk and olive tapenade with subtle notes of cured charcuterie, graphite and tar. The palate reveals a soft, sensual, mouth ... Learn More
Treat yourself to this mix of hidden gems from here & across the ditch! Flaunting some of the most iconic grape varietals & flavours that have become synonymous with NZ & AUS. From internationally acclaimed & multi-award winning winemakers ... Learn More