Up until the 1980s, Argentina was known for producing more 'quantity' wine over 'quality' wine, but that has changed with winemakers across the board lifting their game. There is no doubt that Malbec is the grape on which Argentina's international reputation as a wine-producing nation is founded. Whilst it is a difficult grape to grow, the climate and conditions around Mendoza and in particular the Uco Valley is ideally suited to producing world-class wine.
The most popular varieties planted out in Argentina would be Bonarda, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot, Sangiovese, Syrah and Tempranillo.
- High altitude, hand-harvested Medoza fruit, aged for 8 months on French & American oak. Soft but lively fruit forward flavours of strawberry, raspberry and plum build with a naturally zingy acidity. The leather tannins melt in your mouth with subtle hints of ... Learn More
- Exclusively imported by United Cellars, this outstanding value Argentinian Malbec is a consistent favourite of staff and our regular customers. Displaying a fresh and fruity nose, enhanced by hints of plums, black berries and a touch of vanilla. The palate ... Learn More
- A full bodied & harmonious Malbec from family owned vineyards in Mendoza, with over 80 years of winemaking experience. A bright bouquet of red plum, stewed boysenberry & a hint of nuttiness. The palate offers up juicy blackberry & apple flavours with a sweet ... Learn More
- A super charged & concentrated version of the original Latente, with ripe plum, cherry & subtle chocolate notes. Hand picked, high altitude fruit, aged for 8 months on French & American oak. Concentrated and robust, with a vanilla, chocolate and mocha character and a ... Learn More
- Created from previously abandonded vines planted in 1932 that produce ultra-concentrated fruit. Aged for 12 months in French oak. The benchmark of South American Pinot Noir. Created by the grandson of the legendary Sassacaia winemaker.“One of the 50 best wines in the ... Learn More
Discover your new favourite red wines with these international wines, exclusively imported by United Cellars. From Argentina & Italy, these wines will suit any occasion of the week, from chilled weekend BBQ to fancy date night. Including a wine ... Learn More