White Wine, Loire Valley
The majority of output from Loire production is white wine, from grape varieties such as Sauvignon blanc, Chenin Blanc and Melon de Bourgogne grapes. There are in total 87 appellations in Loire, stretching from the Atlantic coast and heading inland near the city of Orléans. The region is commonly divided in to three subregions. The upper Loire is predominantly Sauvignon Blanc and includes the areas of Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumé. Middle Loire is mostly under Chenin Blanc (and some Cabernet Franc) and includes villages of Touraine, Saumur, Chinon and Vouvray. Lastly in the lower Loire, to the west the Melon de Bourgogne grape variety thrives in the Muscadet region and is the most widely planted grape in the Loire.
- A brilliant pale gold colour. A fine bouquet full of the aromas of white flowers and yellow fruit (Pear William). One finds citrus notes on breathing (grapefruit). The attack is gentle with a lovely vivacity where one finds agreeable notes ... Learn More
- The Pichot family is one of the oldest in Vouvray with origins as restaurateurs going back to 1739 later followed by the purchase of the superb Coteau de la Biche vineyards in 1770 establishing them as growers to help supply the restaurant. ... Learn MoreDOMAINE PICHOT VOUVRAY DEMI SEC 'CLOS BERGER' 2018$32.99 Per item
- The DEZAT family is one of the oldest wine-growing families in Sancerre. References to the family can be found in records dating as far back as 1550. André DEZAT took over the family vineyards in 1948 and became actively involved in promoting ... Learn More
- The original and still the best style of Sauvignon Blanc. Fresh green grass leads but is not pungent or offensive. Followed by crisp green apple and abundant smoky, stony mineral notes. Crunchy, raspy acidity, mineral and citrus flavours, feather light ... Learn MoreHENRI BOURGEOIS SANCERRE BLANC 'LA VIGNE BLANCHE' 2016$46.99 Per item
- Naturally fermented in large, upright cuve, then aged in three and four-year-old 300L barrels. Captivating aromas of white flowers, pear and lemon. The wine is clean and bright with succulent yellow fruits and sharper citrus fruit. Has nice minerality on ... Learn More
- Le Mont provides the perfect middle ground between Le Haut-Lieu and Clos du Bourg in this vintage. A complex nose with scents of pineapple, soil tones, honeycomb, and a touch of tangerine. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied ... Learn MoreDOMAINE HUET 'LE CLOS DU BOURG' DEMI SEC VOUVRAY 2016$98.90 Per item
- Domaine Huet is one of the most famous and respected producers in Vouvray. "highly elegant and with lovely flinty flavors. Intense and concentrated, with great finesse and vitality, this is a highly elegant and perfectly balanced wine with a persistent ... Learn MoreDOMAINE HUET VOUVRAY LE MONT MOELLEUX PREMIER TRIE 2015$139.00 Per item
- Domaine Huet is one of the most famous and respected producers in Vouvray. This is a special Museum release imported direct from the winery. "This is an age-worthy Chenin that is only slowly starting to unfold its charms. 95+ points Robert ... Learn MoreDOMAINE HUET VOUVRAY MOELLEUX LE MONT 2009 (MUSEUM RELEASE)$139.00 Per item
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER**
This pack contains a bottle of 12 different wines to be opened during a series of 4 online tastings held throughout late August and early September 2020.
Across 4 weeks we will ... Learn More