White Wine, Geelong
Historically, Geelong was the largest grape-growing region in Victoria (in the 1800s) and in more recent times has undergone somewhat of a renaissance. In the last few decades, winemakers have been rediscovering the rich soils and a climate that is somewhere (some say halfway) between France's Bordeaux and Burgundy regions.
The region is known for boutique, family owned winegrowers producing quality hand crafted wines, more so than any bigger winery operations. Varietally speaking, Geelong is renowned for its superior Shiraz, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Whilst these 3 are the staple of most winegrowers and makers, the more adventurous have been known to grow and make Riesling, Gewürztraminer and Merlot and even some of the more left-field types like Primitivo, Gamay, Carmenere and Langrein.
- James Halliday: "It strikes a keen balance between richness of flavour and elegance." Brilliant straw gold in colour. Fruit aromas of apple, pear and ginger are all underpinned by a creamed honey like character often seen from this vineyard. When ... Learn More
- Whole bunch pressed, settled overnight and then wild fermented in French oak hogsheads and puncheons (20% new) 10 months on lees, about 60% went through malo-lactic fermentation, no stirring before bottling late January 2020 A core of fresh citrus acids, stone fruits and subtle ... Learn More
- Whole bunch pressed, settled overnight and then wild fermented in French oak hogsheads and puncheons (20%new). 12 months on lees, partial malo-lactic fermentation, no stirring before bottling in January 2019. A core of fresh citrus acids, stone fruits and subtle winemaking inputs ... Learn More
- Viognier is foot stomped and left for two or more hours on its skins to extract the phenols, flavour and texture. The fruit is then pressed, cooled and put straight into barrel with all solids for a natural fermentation. Gentle ... Learn More
- By Farr wines are produced from only estate grown fruit. Each of the wines are from single vineyards. Showing a fleshy, minerally nose with fruit and integrated French oak but almost dominated by the soil characteristics and vintage freshness. The ... Learn More
- Whole bunch pressed, wild fermented in 225 litre French oak barrels (predominantly Damy, 33% new). 12 months élevage, regular stirring of lees. Full malolactic fermentation. Bottled in February, 2005. The relatively mild 2004 growing season at Bannockburn has produced elegant wines with classic varietal fruits ... Learn More
- Followers of Bannockburn will know that S.R.H. comes off the oldest, lowest-yielding Chardonnay vines in the Olive Tree Hill vineyard and is named in recognition of Bannockburn's founder, Stuart Reginald Hooper. These twelve rows of 40-year-old vines are ... Learn More
- The wine has a great fruit expression that is well integrated with French oak. The soil characteristics have come through in the style of wine we have today. The palate is fine but firm, with great acidity, texture and length. ... Learn More
- Stelvin. Followers of Bannockburn will know that S.R.H. comes off the oldest, lowest-yielding Chardonnay vines in the Olive Tree Hill vineyard and is named in recognition of Bannockburn’s founder, Stuart Reginald Hooper. These twelve rows of 45-year-old ... Learn More
- By Farr wines are produced from only estate grown fruit. Each of the wines are from single vineyards. Lifted nose with white peach, floral & herbal notes balanced with butterscotch and light toast. A well balanced, rich and generous palate. Wonderful ... Learn More
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER**
This pack contains a bottle of 3 different wines to be opened during an online tasting held on the 18th of June 2020. During the COVID-19 lockdown, we will be running a ... Learn More
A mix of 3 exceptional wines that will be the perfect gift for even the hardest person to find something for! Showcasing wines from some of the best wine regions in the world, this is sure to make any true ... Learn More