White Wine, Champagne, France
Champagne is made from 3 grapes. The two red grapes Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier and the white grape Chardonnay. All three are commonly blended though a ‘blanc de blanc’ meaning ‘white from white’ indicates that only Chardonnay was used. Conversely a ‘blanc de noir’ or ‘white from black’ indicates that the two red grapes were used.
A common misconception is that Champagne was invented by Dom Pérignon. Although this is not the case, he made considerable contributions to the quality and production methods used in the region. The very first bottles of Champagne were created by accident, and coined ‘the devil’s wine’ for all the popping corks. Sparkling wine in Australia was referred to as Champagne but this practise has long been disallowed.
Methode Champenoise is the traditional method by which Champagne is produced and if you see Millisime on a bottle, it represents the fact that the wine comes from a particular vintage rather than being blended, which is the more common practice.
Icons such as Dom Pérignon and Krug are world renowned, but we find as much pleasure in the smaller Champagne houses such as Gosset and Jacquinot. Magnums are perfect for the festive occasions and half bottles are also available.
- Pierre Baillette is not just limited to the creation of high-quality champagne, but to preserve the most authentic values of the wine tradition of this legendary region. This refreshing and savory Champagne is loaded with flavors of citrus, white cherries, ... Learn More
- 100 per cent Chardonnay from the terroirs of Chavot, Vaudancourt, Voipreux 1er Cru and Epernay - all biodynamically farmed. Exuberant with lots of spicy white peach fruit, lemon pith and brown spice. The palate is crunchy and chalky with a delicious ... Learn More
A mix of 3 great value and delicious wines that will be the perfect gift to get any Christmas party started! Showcasing wines from some of the best wine regions in the world, this is sure to make any true ... Learn More
During the lead up to Christmas 2020, we're aware that things won't quite be the same as they have been in previous years (let's be honest- what isn't different this year!). Many restaurants and bars have tight restrictions on the ... Learn More
- Pierre Baillette is not just limited to the creation of high-quality champagne, but to preserve the most authentic values of the wine tradition of this legendary region. The Village Rosé is in fact Premier Cru and is 45% Pinot Meunier, 40% Chardonnay ... Learn More
- The most authentic values of the wine tradition of this legendary region. Pierre Baillette's Domaine is located in the Reims mountains area, one of the most important in terms of the production of Champagne, the land of Vigneron which deals ... Learn More
- Deutz's 2009 Blanc de Blancs offers lovely depth and mid-palate pliancy, with soft contours that balance the brightness of the Chardonnay fruit. White peach pit, slate, mint and sweet spices flesh out in an ample, inviting Champagne that captures the radiance ... Learn More
- Pierre Baillette is a small, family-owned winery situated in the quaint village of Trois-Puits, located just south of Reims. This creamy and fruit-driven Blanc de Noirs shows flavors of golden apple, honey, brioche, apple skin, and yeast. Dry and medium ... Learn MorePierre Baillette Couer De Craie Rilly La Montagne NV$180.00 Per item
A mix of 3 exceptional wines that will be the perfect gift for even the hardest person to find something for! Showcasing wines from some of the best wine regions in the world, this is sure to make any true ... Learn More
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER**
This pack contains a bottle of 12 different wines to be opened during a series of 4 online tastings held throughout late August and early September 2020.
Across 4 weeks we will ... Learn More