Tuscany, Scotland Multi Regional
Contributing to around 6% of Italy's total wine output, Tuscany is the third most planted region, but only the eight biggest producer. Much of this can be attributed to the hilly terroir and poor soils leading to lower yields, but generally higher quality wines. The region produces far more red than white wine, and is responsible for two of the most famous Italian red wines, Chianti and Brunello di Montalcino.
Chianti was first classified in 1716, and the region of Tuscany now has 29 DOC and 7 DOCG classifications. In the 1970s 'Super Tuscan' wines emerged of supreme quality, commanding very high prices. Although they were initially produced outside the DOC or DOCG zones, most of the regions have since been classified, though some producers still opt to use the simpler and less restrictive IGT labelling.
The famous red wine Chianti is based on the the Sangiovese variety, though is most commonly blended with Shiraz or Cabernet Sauvignon. The blending of multiple grapes is common, even Bordeaux blends can be found. White wines produced include Vermentino, Vernaccia, Pinot Blanc and Chardonnay.
- Chianti remains one of the most lauded and long-lived wine regions in Italy specialising in the variety Sangiovese. This wine is sourced from a small grower in Chianti Rufina one of the highest and coolest parts of the region resulting ... Learn More
- 90% Sangiovese, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon Antica Cinta, literally Old City Walls, refers to the history and the land of Piccini family, its Middle Ages villages as San Giminiano, Castellina and Siena, clustered behind massive stone defensive walls. Antica Cinta pairs a very ... Learn MorePiccini Antica Cinta Chianti Riserva ORO DOCG 2016$26.99 Per item
- Winner of a Gold medal at the Mundus Vini Grand International Wine Award for Meininger's Magazine 2018. A nose of complex earthy spices and a more obvious oak character (16 months in 40% new French Barriques) speak of the quality of this wine ... Learn More
- Poggio Anima is a collection of wines representing four Italian regions typifying the cultural heartbeat of each area. Poggio Anima, translated as ‘Hill of Soul,’ personifies the individual vineyards cultivated for each bottle. Many wines have vitality and a soul ... Learn More
- The vines of Casabianca are in the municipality of Orbetello south of Großeto directly by the sea. Straw yellow with green reflections. In the fragrance notes of citrus fruits and white peach, light almond notes. The taste is elegant, ... Learn More
- Villa Antinori is, first and foremost, an idea, a way of conceiving the production of wine: on the one hand, experimentation and evolution, on the other hand, continuity in tradition. Sangiovese and other complementary grape varieties render their homage to ... Learn More
- Petrolo is a leading wine estate of Tuscany, Italy. It is located a mile or so to the east of Chianti Classico, within the Chianti Colli Aretini zone. It is widely regarded as rivalling many Chianti Classico properties in terms ... Learn More
- Le Miccine is a family owned winery and vineyard that is lead by a dynamic and young team. Winemaker Paula Cook was born in Quebec, Canada, but moved to her grandparent's ancestral home of Tuscany in 2008, buying an estate that ... Learn More
- This Pack contains 3 x 60ml bottles of whisky; 1. Glenmorangie 18 Year Old (Highland) 2. Balvenie 14 Year Old Caribbean Cask (Speyside) 3. Oban 14 Year Old (Highland) This pack is the perfect way to see the nuances of Single Malt Scotch. 3 distinctive styles of Whisky ... Learn More
- Winemaker Andrea Lonardi is a winemaking Wunderkind. Our head buyer Mark Faber first met him in London where they attended the Master of Wine global seminar together, and Mark was blown away by Andrea's technical expertise and knowledge, as well ... Learn More
- Le Miccine is a family owned winery & vineyard that is lead by a dynamic & young team. Winemaker Paula Cook was born in Quebec, Canada, but moved to her grandparent's ancestral home of Tuscany in 2008, buying an estate that had been ... Learn More
- For the last few years the d'Anna's have been making annual trips to talk to wineries with similar philosophies to not only import and represent these wineries in Australia but to also work on a special little project focusing on ... Learn More
- "This wine is one barrel of 2016 vintage Brunello from a high altitude vineyards very close to the town of Montalcino that looked special the moment I first tried it. Every year I would go back and try that wine and ... Learn More
- The 2010 Brunello di Montalcino Annata is a real knock-out. This is very tight and muscular. Needs at least four to five years to soften. The legend lives. ... Learn More
We guarantee you – this ‘Boot’ tastes better than most! Take a tasting tour of Italy with this tantalising six-pack. Each pack contains 2 bottles of Farnese Edizione Edition 20 2018, 2 bottles of Renzo Masi Cornioleta Chianti Riserva DOCG 2018, and 2 bottles of Valori ... Learn More
- This is a classy wine from Argiano. The Suolo vineyards are not only the estate's highest vines at over 300m, but also boast the estate's oldest vines, at 65 years old. The nose is complex with aromas of cherry, dried herb, ... Learn MoreArgiano Brunello Di Montalcino Vigna Del Suolo 2015$305.00 Per item
- The color is ruby red with a slight tendency to garnet. The nose is intense and complex, spicy, with dominant notes of Amarena cherry. The olfactory phase continues on the palate. It is full-bodied, harmonious and persistent, with dense and ... Learn MoreSan Filippo Le Lucere Brunello di Montalcino 2015 (1.5L)$375.00 Per item
- During pre-harvesting the first days of September created stability into the best grape clusters then harvested. 2015 was a perfect vintage, warm but not dry or wet, ideal weather conditions for a grape variety that in fact does not love too ... Learn More