The unique blend of superb fruit sources and experience in both the New and the Old Worlds helps craft a wine of subtlety, texture and detail – wines perfectly suited to complement rather than overwhelm fine food.
We love hand-making delicious, joyful wines – all sourced from amazing vineyard sites in the Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale and Adelaide Hills. It's no secret that our real love is Grenache! We make small-batch, hand-made wines from sites that we believe are special. We pick fruit on the way up rather than the way down so that we can do as little as possible to make the best wine. We're slowly gathering the very best selection of Grenache sites in Australia.
- Glossy salmon pink, with all the nice things grenache does in rosé land. - Wine Companion Thistledown is the vision of Master of Wine, Giles Cooke. Working with Grenache growers in unique sites across Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale and Riverland, ... Learn More
- Very exotic nose, honeysuckle, cinnamon and green apple notes. The palate is all zip and zing. White berries, lemon thyme and saline minerality all combine with a taut acid line and a dusty fuzz of phenolics. - Stuart Knox Thistledown ... Learn More
- Grenache is Australia’s signature grape variety and we’re slightly obsessed with it. Our first Rosé is sourced from an old, single vineyard in Berri. Beautifully pale, salmon pink with delicate aromatics and lovely texture, it lives up to ... Learn More
- Grenache is Australia’s signature grape variety and we’re slightly obsessed with it. Our second ever Rosé is sourced from an old, single vineyard in Berri. Beautifully pale, salmon pink with delicate aromatics and lovely texture, it lives up ... Learn More
- A delightful wine for current drinking. It’s light to medium bodied with the fruit sourced from throughout South Australia. Aromas of rustic strawberry with a little rose petal and spiciness. The palate is soft and supple but with good ... Learn More
- Thistledown Wine Co continues the tradition of Scottish ingenuity and great Australian wine. From the base in the idyllic Adelaide Hills, they work with pristine fruit sourced from iconic vineyard sites. Deep red/purple colour. Oak is the most evident ... Learn More
- In 2018 we carefully hand-picked a portion of the block allowing us to do whole bunch ferments which added another dimension to the already epic fruit. Above average rainfall in July and August filled soil profiles and dams but from then ... Learn More
- Joel Mattschoss' Menglers Hill site is an outstanding, forward thinking vineyard and we've been more than impressed by the results so far. This unique release offers a hint of the cooler side of Thistledown's Barossa Grenache. 445 metres above sea level, ... Learn More
- One of the most highly regarded Australian Grenache available today- 95+pts Gary Walsh, TWF; 95pts Huon Hooke; 95pts James Suckling, 95pts Nick Stock. Sourced from one 75 year old vineyard, the bush trained vines on pure sand yield up a wine ... Learn More
- Our fruit is sourced from one low yielding block in Joel Mattschoss’ Mengler’s Hill vineyard. The fruit is hand-picked and transferred to the winery. 20% of the total weight is placed in whole bunches in a concrete egg while the ... Learn More
- One of the most awarded Grenaches available today- Winner, Top Gold, 97 Points James Halliday Grenache Challenge 2019; Gold McLaren Vale Wine Show 2019; 95pts The Wine Front; 94pts Huon Hooke; 94 James Suckling; 93 Robert Parker Sourced from one 75 year old vineyard, the bush ... Learn More
Grenache or Garnacha, a versatile Spanish grape that has been doing very well in Australia both in the popular GSM blends and on its own. As we really harnessed this grape and its potential, we are going to look ... Learn More