Sparkling, Pinot Noir
Pinot Noir performs well on the deepish limestone based subsoils that are found on Burgundy's Côte d'Or. However, yields need to be kept in check. Pinot Noir's concentration and varietal characters disappear rapidly if yields are excessive. Some of the best and most expensive wines in the world are still found in Burgundy.
Pinot Noir also plays a key role in Champagne, being blended with Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier. In the US, Oregon and Washington state are producing outstanding wines. In New Zealand, great Pinot Noirs are crafted in Martinborough and in Central Otago, New Zealand's only true continental climate.
The thin skins of Pinot Noir mean the wines are lighter in colour, body and tannins. However, the best wines have grippy tannins, fragrance and an intensity of fruit seldom found in wine from other grapes. Young Pinot Noir can smell almost sweet, but as it matures, the best wines develop a sensuous, silky mouthfeel with the fruit flavours deepening and gamey nuances emerging.
- The finest expression of Tasmanian sparkling from an exceptional year. A classical vintage brut of exquisite power and elegance. A blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay and aged for many years in the bottle, bring complexity and richness to the ... Learn More
- Jean-Manuel Jacquinot obtained a degree in Oenology at the esteemed University of Reims. After this he became trainee oenologist at the world famous house of Veuve Clicquot. Today, Jean-Manuel has over 20 years of experience in making Champagne, is a Member ... Learn More
- Gautherot's first cuvee is Fidele, a Blanc de Noirs (100% Pinot Noir). With red and blue fruit notes and a fresh, mineral close with a lick of crushed herbs and anise. Pulpy textured and juicy. Gautherot describes this as, "A dangerous ... Learn More
- The Brut Nature Rosé is a cuvée which will delight lovers of freshness, minerality and purity. On the nose, very evocative of strawberry and raspberry with a floral note of rose petals. The palate recalls red fruits and is ... Learn More
- A rosé de saignée is made by directly macerating Pinot Noir. This method of vinification is more demanding and requires grapes with an excellent degree of maturity. Base year is 2013 and the disgorgement date is Jan 2016. A very bright ... Learn More
- 18/20 Jancis Robinson Beautiful rich, fragrant nose of berries and brioche. Full and round on the palate, with a lovely nuttiness, spice and tangy acidity. Possesses gorgeous warmth ... impossible to resist. Wild yeasts only. The blend is 75% Pinot Noir and 25% Chardonnay. ... Learn MoreEgly Ouriet Champagne Brut Tradition 'Grand Cru' Nv$185.00 Per item
- 83% Pinot Meunier 17% Pinot Noir - Only 5,004 bottles produced. Bottled with no dosage, this is a powerful example of Rose Champagne. Expressive aromas of redcurrant, cherry, rhubarb and crushed rose petal lead into a palate of almost tannic intensity. Vibrant acidity ... Learn More
A mix of 3 exceptional wines that will be the perfect gift for even the hardest person to find something for! Showcasing wines from some of the best wine regions in the world, this is sure to make any true ... Learn More
- The current release is based on 2015 with 60% reserve wine from 2014, disgorged in March 2019. This beautifully textured and perfumed Blanc de Noirs comes from a site called Les Maillons in Barbonne-Fayel, near the town of Sézanne (in the Côte ... Learn MoreUlysse Collin 'Les Maillons' Blanc De Noirs Extra Brut Nv 2015 Base$220.00 Per item
- Les Pierrières is a 1.3-hectare parcel west of Congy in the Cotéaux du Petit Morin very near the southern tip of the Côte des Blancs. It’s an east-sloping site with chalky soils that contain large chunks ... Learn More
- Disgorged in March 2019. Collin’s single-vintage saignée rosé, first made in the 2011 vintage, comes from a parcel of Pinot Noir in Les Maillons cropped at ... Learn MoreUlysse Collin Les Maillons Rose De Saignee Extra Brut Nv$265.00 Per item
- Simply one of the greatest rosé wines produced in Champagne. The blend is 65% Pinot Noir and 35% Chardonnay. "Fragrant rosebuds and wild strawberries open into glorious depth of black cherry fruits of exacting ripeness, cherry kernel, fig and mixed spice. Very ... Learn More
- To celebrate the release of the 25th Bond film, Champagne Bollinger has produced a limited-edition champagne from the 2011 vintage. 100% Pinot Noir from Aÿ. Cellar aged for seven years, sealed with a natural cork. The extraordinary harvest of 2011 led to the ... Learn More
- "The NV Extra-Brut Grand Cru La Cote Faron is ridiculously great." - Antonio Galloni This rare Champagne is rich and textural, exhibiting red fruit characters from the 100% Pinot Noir balanced with florals, anise and spice. Incredibly complex and a wine ... Learn MoreJacques Selosse 'La Cote Faron' Extra Brut Grand Cru Champagne Nv$768.99 Per item
- "Green tea, dried flowers, sage, hard candy and mint are all layered into the finish. This attractive, mid-weight Champagne is quite pretty, but very much delicate and feminine in style." Antonio Galloni 100% Pinot Noir(Mareuil-sur-Ay single parcel). A very particular ... Learn More