Rosé Wine, Pinot Noir
Pinot Noir performs well on the deepish limestone based subsoils that are found on Burgundy's Côte d'Or. However, yields need to be kept in check. Pinot Noir's concentration and varietal characters disappear rapidly if yields are excessive. Some of the best and most expensive wines in the world are still found in Burgundy.
Pinot Noir also plays a key role in Champagne, being blended with Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier. In the US, Oregon and Washington state are producing outstanding wines. In New Zealand, great Pinot Noirs are crafted in Martinborough and in Central Otago, New Zealand's only true continental climate.
The thin skins of Pinot Noir mean the wines are lighter in colour, body and tannins. However, the best wines have grippy tannins, fragrance and an intensity of fruit seldom found in wine from other grapes. Young Pinot Noir can smell almost sweet, but as it matures, the best wines develop a sensuous, silky mouthfeel with the fruit flavours deepening and gamey nuances emerging.
- Tasting Note: Pale pink Rose showing an attractive nose of strawberries and a gentle earthiness. The palate delivers ripe berry fruit with a soft mouthfeel and bright acidity. Serve perfectly chilled with a variety of dishes and enjoy with good ... Learn More
- WINNER; James Halliday's Wine Companion 2020 WINERY OF THE YEAR! Made in partnership with the Jim Barry family wine company - one of Australia's best producers - from a Single Vineyard next to their home estate in the Clare Valley. Beautiful ... Learn More
- An intriguing wine, firstly boasting a pale salmon colour, closely mimicking the fine Rose wines made out of Provence, France. Like a kid in a candy shop, the Saint and Scholar Rose shows mouth-watering Strawberry and Creams, along with sweet ... Learn More
- WINNER; James Halliday's Wine Companion 2020 WINERY OF THE YEAR! Made in partnership with the Jim Barry family wine company - one of Australia's best producers - from a Single Vineyard in Kuitpo (sub region of Adelaide Hills) planted in 2002. Beautiful ... Learn More
- This unique Blanc de Noir was made from 100% Pinot noir grapes, grown on our family owned vineyard. Ripe hand picked fruit and gentle winemaking have given a wonderfully balanced wine. The elegant champagne colour resulted from minimal skin contact prior ... Learn More
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER**
February is synonymous with Rose! The weather is hot, Valentine's Day is a few days away and we can't think of a better subject to match this time of year. ... Learn More