Red Wine, Loire Valley
The majority of output from Loire production is white wine, from grape varieties such as Sauvignon blanc, Chenin Blanc and Melon de Bourgogne grapes. There are in total 87 appellations in Loire, stretching from the Atlantic coast and heading inland near the city of Orléans. The region is commonly divided in to three subregions. The upper Loire is predominantly Sauvignon Blanc and includes the areas of Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumé. Middle Loire is mostly under Chenin Blanc (and some Cabernet Franc) and includes villages of Touraine, Saumur, Chinon and Vouvray. Lastly in the lower Loire, to the west the Melon de Bourgogne grape variety thrives in the Muscadet region and is the most widely planted grape in the Loire.
- Le Domaine draws its personality from the Baudry family's diverse collection of Chinon terroirs. The Cabernet Franc grapes come from older vines (around 35 years old on average), planted on both the alluvial, gravel soils near the river, as well as ... Learn More
- Les Arches de Bellivière wine range is assembled from biodynamicGrenache and old Carignan from the Southern Rhone Valley. Raisins Migrateurs is very rich and solid. Dense with very ripe fruit, black, crunchy fruit dominate on the palate but are ... Learn More
- This is Cabernet Franc to drink and drink, wines like this are enjoyed every day for lunch all around France but particularly in Paris. This is where Cabernet Franc is at it's most attractive; fruity, aristocratic and aromatic on the ... Learn More
- "For as long as I’ve known the wines of Chinon, Joguet’s Chêne Vert has been a reference point. Thankfully, it remains so. Winemakers have come and gone since Charles’s heyday, but the terroir has remained a ... Learn More
Loire Valley, an important wine region in France but we don't see enough of it here in Australia. We believe these wines suit our climate and lifestyle exceptionally well and so we're going to explore this region and the ... Learn More
- Elaborated in Georgian amphora, this Outre Terre cuvée is Thierry Germain's little UFO. With aromas of sweet plum, earthly bramble berries, dried herbs and a sweet raisined blackcurrant note. The palate being spicy, pithy and slightly savoury with sweet ... Learn MoreRoches Neuves Saumur Champigny Outre Terre Amphore 2014$140.00 Per item
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER**
This pack contains a bottle of 12 different wines to be opened during a series of 4 online tastings held throughout late August and early September 2020.
Across 4 weeks we will ... Learn More