Powell and Son
Powell & Son wines are made from some of the oldest and most sacred vineyards in the world. Sourced from various sites throughout the Barossa and Eden Valleys, Callum and Dave Powell employ traditional, minimalist winemaking techniques to produce a wine that speaks of the place that it was grown. Their inspiration for winemaking having its roots in France’s Rhone Valley, Powell & Son red wines are made from the classic Rhone varietals: Shiraz, Grenache and Mataro and its whites: Roussanne, Marsanne and Riesling. The Powell philosophy is that a great wine is made in the vineyard and so Callum and Dave work the vineyards they use on their own in the Winter season, then in the Summer pick the fruit and vinify using old concrete ferment vats and basket pressing – producing unique and expressive wines from their most prized vineyards throughout the Barossa.
- "Dave and Callum Powell have been hands on with this project from the get-go. You get the feeling that there’s a more slowly-slowly approach, despite the headlines about the flagship wines’ pricing ($750 a bottle in Australia). It feels like ... Learn More
- A blend of 60% Grenache, 20% Shiraz and 20% Mataro. This has perfumed aromas of berry fruits with subtle hints of oak giving the nose nice complexity. A medium-full bodied palate with great depth and structure. Shows flavours of cherry and plum and ... Learn More
- The Loechel shows generous dark ripe fruits of blackberry, cherry liqueur and cassis which is supported by dark chocolate and mocha tones and subtle herbs and spice. The palate reveals pronounced dark fruits, underscored by smoky, savoury and meaty notes: ... Learn More
- The Loechel Eden Valley Shiraz is sourced from a single vineyard high in the Eden Valley. Deep, heady aromas resonating black cherries, plums, rose, tar and cocoa. A persistent, perfectly balanced palate that flaunts spice, savouriness, dark fruits and fine ... Learn More
- Sourced from 6 premium vineyards across the Barossa and Eden Valleys, this new release wine from Powell & Son displays pure class in a very Rhone-esque style. Beautiful complexity in both aromatics and palate are the sign of a truly fantastic wine, ... Learn More
- The Steinert Shiraz is the epitome of the beauty and grace of the Eden Valley. It's perfume is beautifully complex, displaying dried herbs and spices, lifted florals, dark cherries, red currants, charcuterie meats and smoked wood. The palate is supple ... Learn MorePOWELL & SON 'STEINERT' FLAXMAN'S VALLEY SHIRAZ 2017$759.99 Per item