Belgian born Michel Couvreur produces Scotch Whisky in Bouze-Les-Beaune - the heart of Burgundy. It was a love of fishing and hunting that drew Michel to Scotland, where he moved to in 1964. He became involved in the production process of whisky, at each step vying for the finest production methods possible, from the selection of the most ancient strains of cereals to employing extremely rare sherry casks. His dream was to craft exceptional, unique Scotch Whisky. In the 1970's Michel returned to France in part to be closer to the proximity of the sherry casks (Pedro Ximenez/Palomino/Moscatel/Oloroso) he utilized and in part to dig his own cellar in the hills of Bouze-les-Beaune. It is in his own cellar that he matures his Scotch in rare sherry casks, resulting in exemplary whisky.
- Matured partly in Scotland and partly in France, bottled without filtration. A blend of malted and un-malted cereals whisky, this spent four years in oak wood. Slight iodine fragrances with a hint of almond, vanilla roundness, floral fineness. A well ... Learn More
- Clearach is generally the name of a Scottish spirit during its three first years in the cask. Possessing intense and lively characteristics, this whisky spent 3 years in Pedro Ximenez casks. Typical to very young malts with almonds and frangipane (red ... Learn More
- Couvreur is a whisky artisan of long standing. This release spent 3 years in Moscatel & Oloroso casks. Typical to very young malts with almonds and frangipane (red jasmine) fragrance, nice grassy freshness with a slight touch of honey and wood. Lively ... Learn More
- Exceptional whisky matured for 12 to 20 years in rare Pedro Ximenez casks. Fruity and powerful, youthful and yet sophisticated. Fragrance of dried flowers, flaxen tobacco, sherry wine, fat almond, a little smoked. Fruity, powerful and long in the mouth. Finishes smoky ... Learn MoreMichel Couvreur Malt Overaged (12-20 Yo In Pedro Ximenez Casks) 43%$139.00 Per item
- A blend of 3 premium single cask whiskies, each aged over 12 years in oak. Fragrances of Sherry, leather, tobacco, fruity wood. Silky texture, powerful and very lengthy in mouth. The perfect companion for cigars, or as a digestif. ... Learn More