The region is located on the northern end of the south island, nestled around the town of Blenheim, and for many years was a sheep region. It was Montana wines, who in 1973 planted the first vines in the region “too far south to grow good wine.” At the time the region was the southernmost region in the country, but nowadays Central Otago takes south to a whole new level.
Plenty of sunshine hours, relatively low rainfall and cool temperatures provide the perfect conditions for growing world-class Sauvignon Blanc the region is renowned for. Other whites grown include Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Gris, Gewürztraminer and Sparkling wines. Pinot Noir dominates the red varieties grown, though is typically lighter bodied than Central Otago or Martinborough Pinots.
- Made by Aussie winemaker Corey Ryan & ex Villa Maria winemaker Rod Macdonald. In September 2020, Rod was named on a who’s who list of top global winemakers – The Master Winemaker 100 – as compiled by reputable magazine the drinks business (UK). Rod ... Learn More
- The fruit sourced for this blend comes from a range of sites throughout Marlborough, harvested separately and treated individually at the winery before blending by taste to achieve the ideal fruit profile and balance. Classic Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc matured in ... Learn More
- Made by amazing winemaker Tom Hutchinson, this Organic Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc is sourced from lower-yielding vineyards on the hillside slopes for greater intensity and whole bunch pressed. The nose is fresh and delicate with restrained aromas of gooseberry and freshly ... Learn MoreEarth Mother Organic Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2019$22.99 Per item
- Sourced from the Southern Valleys with some fruit from the Awatere Valley. This Pinot Noir went through 100% stainless steel fermentation and was hand plunged. This brought out the perfumed berry fruit as well as increasing the silky mouthfeel of the ... Learn More
- Considered to be one of New Zealand's finest producers, Astrolabe have built their reputation on consistently producing exceptional wines. One of my favourite Astrolabe wines is the 2019 Astrolabe Awatere Valley Sauvignon Blanc. It’s quite a ripe example of the ... Learn More
- Shows distinctive Awatere characters of elderflower, guava, white currant, lemongrass and passion fruit coupled with lovely ripe tropicals and hints of basil and lime from Wairau components. The nose follows through to the palate - which is fine and soft ... Learn More
- Lifted aromas of nashi pear, raspberry, red apple and white florals. The nose follows through to the palate with the same flavours along with savoury undertones which are balanced by fine, supple texture and lingering minerality. Enjoyable to drink now ... Learn More
- Has the aromatic spice and weight of Gewurztraminer, the structure and length of Riesling, and the great texture of Pinot Gris in a perfectly balanced 75%/16%/9% blend. It is a delicious, co-fermented field blend from a single vineyard. Intensely perfumed, this ... Learn More
- Made for United Cellars by New Zealand winemaking superstars Matt and Sophie Thomson. Matt was head winemaker at St Clair, but has made wines across all of New Zealand as well as in Chile, Italy, France, Spain, Romania and Hungary. ... Learn More
- Established in 1985, Cloudy Bay was one of the first five wine makers to venture into Marlborough. A vibrant mix of kaffir lime, lemon zest and nectarine aromatics intermingle with the bright perfume of orange blossom. Brimming with ripe citrus and ... Learn More
A mix of 3 exceptional wines that will be the perfect gift for even the hardest person to find something for! Showcasing wines from some of the best wine regions in the world, this is sure to make any true ... Learn More