Louis Michel & Fils
There are flavours present in great Burgundys that are the envy of Pinot Noir producers worldwide. The elusive peacocks tail finish that goes on and on, and the pretty-elegance backed by Burgundy muscle is the goal of winemakers around the globe. The main levels in the Burgundy classifications, in descending order of quality, are: Grand crus, Premier crus, village appellations, and finally regional appellations. For the Chablis wines, a similar hierarchy of Grand Cru, Premier Cru and Village wines is used, plus Petit Chablis as a level below Village Chablis.
- "Our Chablis vineyards, located primarily in the lush Valvan valley, are on average 25 years old. Wine produced from these 8 parcels, blended and matured in the true Chablis tradition, reveal all the facets of this rich ground." Louis Michel & Fils It ... Learn More
- “The sashimi of Chablis - pure, clean, elemental. Never any oak, this is as energetic and pure as Chablis can get. The wines are steely and bright when young, but age gorgeously for years and decades. The holdings are phenomenal, ... Learn More
- An exceptional quality 1er Cru Chablis from an extraordinary producer and site, this is quickly becoming one of the best value Burgundies imported into Australia each year. Equal Highest Scoring Chablis in 2016 - Decanter Magazine After airing, this wine presents ... Learn MoreDomaine Louis Michel Chablis 1er Cru 'Montee De Tonnerre' 2016$80.00 Per item
- This parcel is located on the top of the slopes, with clay loam on the surface and plenty of limestone. Vertical roots plunge deep into the ground. The vines have an average age of more than 50 years. "A formidable rendition ... Learn More
- 2016 Chablis is very limited due to yield crop being 50% down in most vineyards. "This wine is pure, very precise and vibrant on the nose, delivering a marvelous mix of green apple, lime, pear, crystalline minerality, a touch of licorice and ... Learn MoreLouis Michel Chablis 1er Cru 'Butteaux Vieilles Vignes' 2016$85.00 Per item
- An exceptional quality 1er Cru Chablis from an extraordinary producer and site, this is quickly becoming one of the best value Burgundies imported into Australia each year. After airing, this wine presents a perfect balance between fresh minerality and very ... Learn More
- Grand Cru Vaudésir nose reveals notes of rhubarb and acacia ﬂower. Fine and elegant in the mouth, with buttery, brioche aromas, and a dominant hint of coconut. "Lovely stuff and I particularly like the gorgeous mouth feel." - Allen ... Learn More
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER**
This pack contains a bottle of 12 different wines to be opened during a series of 4 online tastings held throughout late August and early September 2020.
Across 4 weeks we will ... Learn More