The region is protected from the harsh European climate by the Alps, in the north of Veneto, though the cool climate there is ideal for producing Garganega, the main variety in the white wine Soave. To the east, along the Adriatic coast the renowned Valpolicella, Amarone and Bardolino DOC reds are produced. Reds are often blended with multiple grapes although straight varietals like Cabernet Franc can be very enjoyable.
The plains of Piave produce vast quantities of wine, rather than necessarily producing the highest quality wines and up in the Conegliano hills to the north is home to the Prosecco variety, which is growing in popularity, seen as a bargain alternative to Champagne.
- Ca' del Sole produces wines in keeping with the style and quality that people have become accustomed to from the traditional Prosecco region. Fruity aroma of pear, peach and white flowers closing with mineral notes. Well balanced, soft and savoury ... Learn More
- This classic wine from the Valpolicella area is made from 80% Corvina, 10% Rondinella and 10% Sangiovese grapes. A soft, elegant wine, full in flavour. Delicately perfumed, it is reminiscent of maraschino cherries and fruits of the wood. Dry & velvety, with a good ... Learn More
- From the vineyards of San Pietro in Cariano and Negrar, which have white chalky soils. A blend of Corvina 40%, Rondinella 30% and the very rare Corvinone 30%. The nose exhibits the classic rustic notes of ferrous earth, black olive, dried herbs and ... Learn More
- The delicate nose is reminiscent of almond blossoms and marzipan. Good depth of fruit on the palate, nicely balanced by a zingy acidity that enhances its long length. The grape variety is Garganega, an unknown but delicious Italian native variety. ... Learn More
- Grapes are sourced from the north of Verona, in the hilly vineyards with medium density soil tending to be calcareous, situated in the villages of Negrar, Fumane, San Pietro In Cariano and Marano. Corvina (40%), Rondinella (30%), Corvinone (30%). The “Ripasso” technique is ... Learn MoreCA'DELLA SCALA MEZZOPIANO VALPOLICELLA RIPASSO SUPERIORE 2016$39.99 Per item
- A deep garnet red in color, it has an ethereal bouquet of dried fruit. On the palate, it is full-bodied, warm, mouth-filling and dry. A substantial wine of rare elegance that lends itself well to ageing. Undisputedly symbolic of the ... Learn More
- 70% Corvina and Corvina grossa, 20% Rondinella, 5% Croatina and 5% Oseleta. Offers hints of blueberry, blackberry, cherry and chocolate which emerge gradually as the wine breathes. The potent tannins, which give structure to this product, are in perfect symbiosis with the velvety aromas ... Learn More
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER**
This pack contains a bottle of 12 different wines to be opened during a series of 4 online tastings held throughout May and early June 2020. During the COVID-19 lockdown, we will be ... Learn More
- Very tiny quantities are made - it takes 10 vines to produce a single bottle of this exceptional wine. 2011 was blessed with a hot and dry summer ideal for these rich, ripe wines. ... Learn More