Lake County, California, Médoc, Avize, 2015
The region of Médoc is divided into three areas: the Landes du Médoc, the Bas-Médoc, and the Haut-Médoc. The Landes du Médoc is located in the entire western half of the peninsula. Although there are no vineyards here, the land is still important because its pine trees protect the grape vines from the harsh cold winds blowing in from the Atlantic Ocean. The Bas-Médoc (lower-Médoc) runs downstream on the estuarine side of the peninsula. The wines produced here are usually more affordable than those produced in Haut-Médoc. Haut-Médoc (upper-Médoc) is the most well-known of the three sections. The wines produced here are some of the most expensive wines worldwide and were famously ranked in The Médoc Classification of 1855, which is to this day in use.
- “It was in 1972 that the owner of the time, ‘the Pope of wine’ Alexis Lichine, first made this second wine under the name Château de Clairefont, which is known today as Confidences de Prieuré-Lichine. This wine enjoys the ... Learn More
- "Most serious Alter Ego ever. More inner Ego now!" James Suckling "This is one of the most stunning estates in the Medoc and when their wine is good, it is very good. Fine florality and black fruits on the nose. ... Learn More
- This famous and historic Saint Julien 2nd growth is popular throughout the world and is usually released at the most reasonable price of all the so-called "super-seconds". The 82 hectare vineyard is one of the largest of the classed growths. The 2015 ... Learn More
This pack contains a bottle of 12 different wines to be opened during a series of 4 online tastings held throughout late August and early September 2020.
Across 4 weeks we will taste wines sourced from the diverse corners of this ... Learn More
- 82% Cabernet Sauvignon, 16% Merlot and 2% Cabernet Franc. This has a refined, elegant nose showing blackberry and bilberry aromas to begin with. Secondary notes of liquorice and tobacco add to the complex range of aromas. Lovely intensity on the fresh, full-bodied palate. ... Learn More
- A blend of 91% Cabernet Sauvignon and 9% Merlot. A ripe nose with aromas of cassis and a complexity given by graphite and spice notes. The nose leads onto a well structured palate. It has a fresh mouthfeel and fine tannins. Although ... Learn More