The classic, truly Australian blend is Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon, but it is also blended with Grenache and Mourvedre (GSM) in warmer climates. In recent years it is increasingly being blended with Viognier to create the Shiraz/Viognier blend.
Shiraz's home is in the Northern Rhône's, Hermitage, Cote Rôtie and Cornas, in France. It is now also grown extensively in the Southern Rhône where it is blended with Grenache and Mourvèdre to produce the great red wines of Châteauneuf du Pape and Gigondas amongst others.
- Made by Reid Bosward and the team at Kaesler, one of the Barossa's oldest and most revered wineries. 20% Barossa Valley fruit has been added in to lift the complex , blue-fruited style of the Clare. The nose is classic South Australian- ... Learn More
- The two Shiraz vineyards from which this wine is sourced complement each other well – The Marananga block provides intense, old vine produce with particular “blue fruit” offerings. The Nuriootpa block provides more “black fruits." ... Learn More
- "Stylish." - 94 points, Gary Walsh. The Old Vine Shiraz block at Nuriootpa, from which some of the fruit is sourced, was spawned from The Old Bastard vineyard (est 1893). Cherry, mixed dark fruits, spice and cedar notes. Full bodied mouth-filling tannins, ... Learn More
- Intense wine - amazing concentration yet still fresh. Blackberries, loganberries, boysenberries, mulberries raspberries, it's pretty dark in there. It also hides some flecks of slate and iron stone. Profound depths of the blackberry, liqueur-soaked plum, licorice, bitter chocolate and spice ... Learn More
- 100% Shiraz sourced from Kaesler estate vines planted in 1899! Blackberries, loganberries, boysenberries, mulberries raspberries, it's pretty dark in there. It also hides some flecks of slate and iron stone. Profound depths of the blackberry, liqueur-soaked plum, licorice, bitter chocolate and spice ... Learn More
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER, BUT PACK STILL AVAILABLE**
This pack contains a bottle of 3 different wines to be opened during an online tasting held on the 11th of June 2020. During the COVID-19 lockdown, we ... Learn More
- Fruit was hand picked and sourced from Shiraz planted in 1893. Silky, delicate and well balanced, the Old Bastard Shiraz ages beautifully, it has decades to give. Fresh and fruit driven with blackberries, raspberries and blueberries. Some cherry notes on the ... Learn More
- Kaesler Old Bastard is one of Australia’s most highly regarded Shiraz wines, is consistently rated as one of the Barossa’s benchmark Shiraz wines and is highly sought after by wine collectors around the world. Fruit was hand picked ... Learn More