Established by Ron and Elva Laughton in Heathcote, Victoria, Jasper Hill is one of Australia's most respected and sought-after producers of cool climate Shiraz. A family owned and operated business, the winery has been producing vintages for the past 34 years. With Ron's name being synonymous with great Shiraz, so too is his daughter Emily's who has been involved in the viticulture and winemaking since 2001. Emily's husband Nick also works in the cellar, while her sister, Georgia works in the cellar door. Grown in the area's rare Cambrian soil, Jasper Hill's wines are all made from estate-grown grapes, cultivated using organic and biodynamic principles from vineyards planted in 1975. The portfolio of Shiraz and aromatic whites is derived mostly from their two famous vineyards: Emily's Paddock and Georgia's Paddock. The dry-grown, hand pruned vines result in low-yielding fruit with a depth of color and flavor. A similar mantra continues in the winery as the winemakers attempt to 'interfere' as little as possible.
- A seamless wine of finesse, texture and elegance. Beautifully intense lime/lemon personality, the 2017 vintage exhibits the usual citrus characteristics with some green apple too. The nose leads onto the palate, but with even more power and depth this year. ... Learn More
- Don’t be deceived by the light red, almost pinot-ish colour, compared with the intense crimson of its Shiraz sisters. This is a powerhouse! The nose shows strong aromas of strawberries and a savouriness that lingers forever, including some stone ... Learn More
- "Excellent wine." - 95 points, Mike Bennie One of Australia's great winemakers and vineyards. Intense elderberry, blackberry aromas with praline, espresso notes and hints of roasted chestnuts. The palate exhibits the characteristic flavours of dark berries, ripe red fruits and complex ... Learn More
- One of Australia's great winemakers and vineyards. Intense elderberry, blackberry aromas with praline, espresso notes and hints of roasted chestnuts. The palate exhibits the characteristic flavours of dark berries, ripe red fruits and complex exotic spices that lead into a ... Learn More
- Jasper Hill are one of the Pioneers of the Heathcote Wine Region. Jasper Hill is named after the semi-precious red Jasper stone fragments found in the soil – red wine, red soil, red stone! This wine is named after owner Ron ... Learn MoreJASPER HILL EMILY'S PADDOCK SHIRAZ CABERNET FRANC 2018$125.00 Per item