The rhone appellation furthest north, the translation of cote rotie is "Roasted slope," named after the region's very steep, south-facing slopes that have ideal exposure to the sun. There are two main slopes, cote brunes & cote blondes. They are just as they sound, with the darker brunes soils consisting of rich clay and iron, producing firm and robust wine. The lighter soils of the blondes slope contain more slate and limestone, making elegant and soft wine. Wine can be from one designated slope, or a blend of both – the label will designate which it is.
- Voted one of the Top 5 Producers by Decanter Magazine in 2018, alongside some of the most well-known producers, Domaine JL Chave and M Chapoutier. A nose of granitic earth, smoke, garrigue herbs and blueberries. Intense palate of smoked, grilled, cured meats, ... Learn More
- Voted one of the Top 5 Producers by Decanter Magazine in 2018, alongside some of the most well-known producers, Domaine JL Chave and M Chapoutier. Gorgeous intensity of fruit and secondary characters on the nose; rose petal, stone, smoked meat, duck, so ... Learn More
- A very steep, terraced vineyard which lies on the border of the famous “Cote-Blonde”. The 70 years old vines produce tiny yields, which is a guarantee of an exceptional quality product. Beguiling aromatics of baked rosemary, tapenade and cassis. This is ... Learn More
- Legal academic, property dealer and vigneron, René Rostaing crafts some of the finest Côte Rôties on the market today. He has owned 2 hectares in the Côte Blonde and La Landone since the 1970s but fortune has blessed ... Learn More
- The Côte-Rôtie 'La Mouline' is one of the most emblematic of the Guigal domain’s wines. Small quantities are produced each year from a vineyard in the heart of the ‘côte blonde’. This is a voluptuous, silky ... Learn More
- 'The 2011 Cote Rotie la Turque is about as seamless and sexy as wine gets, and this cuvee continues to put on weight and richness with every passing year. Offering a monstrous nose of Asian spices, kirsch liqueur, blackcurrants, pepper and ... Learn More