Central Otago, Organic
Heavy mineral deposits in silt loams are typical for the soils in Central Otago, but is unlike any other region in New Zealand. The Otago region is the countries only ‘continental’ wine growing region.
Pinot Noir is the flagship red varietal, which is very well suited to the regions large diurnal shifts (a large diurnal shift means a big difference between low and high temperatures) and also the regions long, cool and dry autumn. The Pinot Noirs coming out of the Otago region are most often fragrant, lush Pinot Noirs with silky textures and true fruit intensity.
Aromatic whites also thrive, in particular Riesling where anything from bone-dry to very sweet can be made. Gewürztraminer, Pinot Gris and lesser amounts of Chardonnay is also made to a very high quality. Central Otago is in Jancis Robinson’s top five New World wine producing regions.
- The flagship from Two Paddocks – an organically grown barrel selection from the estate properties. In 2019 this wine was produced from the four Neill family Central Otago vineyards. These small sites are high-density planted in a range of clonal material cropped ... Learn More
- Dark floral and spice scents lead to wonderful red and dark fruits, with a lovely seam of minerality supported by supple tannins. Purity, elegance combine with texture, concentration and length. A true reflection of the three Central Otago sub regions ... Learn More
- Attractive florals and spice notes with layers of red and dark fruits balanced with a lovely minerality and fine supple tannins. A style that combines purity and elegance with texture, concentration and length. A true reflection of the three Central ... Learn More
- Silky and elegant with dark red cherry, spice and blackcurrant. A style that combines purity and elegance with texture, concentration and length. A true reflection of the three Central Otago sub regions that contribute to this Pinot Noir. 100% hand harvested ... Learn More
- Intriguing aromas of exotic spice, mocha and dried floral notes. A concentrated palate with layers of dark fruit supported by fine earthy tannins. A style that combines purity and elegance with texture, concentration and length A true reflection of the ... Learn More
- Peregrine Wines have named themselves after the Peregrine Falcon, a rare bird of prey found in very small numbers in Otago where the winery is based. This superb Pinot Noir is hand-harvested, warm-fermented and matured on French oak barrels for 10 ... Learn More
- Sourced from a totally organically-farmed vineyard. This has the intensity and depth of flavour the Central Otago region is becoming renowned for. Mocha spice, blood plums and dark cherry aromas jump from the glass 5% whole bunches added to the ferment, ... Learn More
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER**
In hopeful preparation for a real trip to New Zealand, we're going to take you on a virtual tour of the famous Central Otago! Across our two sessions, we'll travel ... Learn More
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER**
This pack includes a 7th wine to be tasted at the end of the second week in a smaller group setting within the zoom breakout room for a chance to ... Learn More