Castile and Leon, Friuli-Venezia Giulia
The best vineyards in the region are in the foothills of the Alps, facing south to receive direct sunlight and cool evening breezes blowing off the Adriatic. The soil is rich in calcium and sandstone, with patches of sand and gravel.
The region's output is about 60% white and 40% red. Friulano is the most famous variety, known for creating crisp, floral whites with great ageing potential, and Merlot is the leading red wine grape. There has also been a revival of orange wine in the region of the past decade.
- This outstanding Pinot Grigio has fantastic definition of pure fruit flavours and a wonderfully rounded balance. High altitude vineyards, small yields and dedicated winemaking by this fantastic cooperative combine to produce a wine that is fresh, versatile and enjoyable. Exceptional ... Learn More
- From a single vineyard high above the Tagliamento river, it’s pinot grigio, pure and direct. A fresh nose of subtle stone fruit, spice and a hint of musk. Pure and beautifully layered with flavours of nashi pear and apples. ... Learn More
- Peachy fragrance with fresh, floral aromas. Great vibrancy, texture and balance with a creamy mouth feel and notes of pear skin, nectarine and citrus. The finish is clean and crisp without being excessively dry. Fruit is sourced from a young ... Learn More
- Classic Italian Pinot Grigio - our best selling imported white wine. Made by the brilliant Cescon family - 3rd generation winemakers based just outside of Venice (this wine is sourced from their vineyard in Friuli- the home of Pinot Grigio). ... Learn More
- "We are conscious that each of us, within its own limit, can give its active contribution to the battle against pollution for a cleaner tomorrow starting from today. In our vineyards we use only methods that guarantee full respect of ... Learn More
- A recent discovery on our Wine Buyer's trip to Europe, where he saw the popularity of medium-bodied, fresh reds, and knew this would translate to the Australian palate. This Mencia personifies that search in the glass- it's drinkability is tuned ... Learn More
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER**
This pack contains a bottle of 12 different wines to be opened during a series of 4 online tastings held throughout May and early June 2020. During the COVID-19 lockdown, we will be ... Learn More