Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018
Its original home is Bordeaux, where it is the dominant grape on the left bank, Medoc and Graves. In Bordeaux, Cabernet Sauvignon tends to be blended with Merlot, Cabernet Franc and with small amounts of Malbec and Petit Verdot. In the New World, it is both blended and made as a straight varietal. Excellent wines are also produced in the Napa Valley and Chile's Maipo Valley. The grapes are thick-skinned providing the characteristic high tannins and deep colour. The Cabernet Sauvignon wines tend to show fragrant cassis, herbaceous, full-bodied with high acid.
- The Elephant in the Room wines are proudly large in scale and expansive in flavour. Ignoring fashion and braving the scorn of “wine thought police”, Elephant in the Room was created to give consumers exactly what they want – full bodied ... Learn More
- WINNER- Gold Medal, Limestone Coast Wine show. The Zilzie Regional Collection showcases textbook examples of varietal & regional expressions whilst being excellent value for money. Coonawarra is famous for its Cabernet Sauvignon, and this wine is a wonderful expression of the ... Learn More
- The United Cellars 'Varietal' Range brings you the most popular varieties, made by some of the best and most-respected winemakers for an unbeatable price. Designed for immediate enjoyment, the Varietal Range promises to provide a quality wine to suit every ... Learn More
- Notes from winemaker Jo Perry, winner of the 2016 Young Gun Winemaker of the Year; 100% good old Cabernet Sauvignon from our little dry grown organic block in Yallingup. Hand-picked, foot stomped, wild fermented in opens & post maceration for a three months. ... Learn More
- 2018 Trueman carries a quiet yet powerful grace often reserved for some of world’s finest wines. Evoking aromas of ripe blackberries and bittersweet chocolate with hints of rose petal and wild sage. This transitions to an impeccably balanced palate with ... Learn More
- Lake's Folly Cabernets is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot, and Shiraz made from low-yielding, estate-grown, hand-picked fruit. The fruit is open-fermented producing softer, more subtle tannins, and then transferred to large old casks for six months for ... Learn More
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER, BUT PACK STILL AVAILABLE**
This pack contains a bottle of 4 different wines to be opened during an online tasting held on Thursday the 7th of May 2020. During the COVID-19 lockdown, ... Learn More
YANGARRA IRONHEART SHIRAZ 2017 - 99 points,
HICKINBOTHAM BROOKS RD SHIRAZ 2018 - 98 points,
HICKINBOTHAM THE TRUEMAN CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2018 - 97 points.
Experience the best of the McLaren Vale with this premium case of top-rated reds. ... Learn More