Beaujolais is blessed with a temperate climate and shares its summer weather with the Mediterranean Sea due to its close proximity, but the location is also interior enough to experience cold dry weather from the Northeast. The soil of Beaujolais is an important component in defining the different styles of wines in the region. Towards the south of the town of Villefrance, the soil is made up of sandstone or clay and limestone. In the north, the soils are comprised of granite or crystalline rock on the upper slopes, and in the lower slopes they are made up of stone and clay soils.
- Already hugely popular in the European market, United Cellars are proud to be the sole importer of this incredibly enjoyable wine that is easy to drink but with enough complexity to keep every drinker happy. This wine is produced from ... Learn More
- With aromas of tart small red fruits and boiled sweets, and a palate that is soft, fleshy and crunchy with the tartness of fresh red berry fruit: Morello cherry, raspberry, strawberry. Enjoy within 2 years ... Learn More
- "From his base in southern Beaujolais, Pierre Chermette has become one of the beacons of Beaujolais quality…” David Schildknecht, Robert Parker’s The Wine Advocate “Few Beaujolais growers are in a position to pronounce on the region’s different terroirs ... Learn MorePIERRE-MARIE CHERMETTE BEAUJOLAIS LES GRIOTTES 2019$34.99 Per item
- "From his base in southern Beaujolais, Pierre Chermette has become one of the beacons of Beaujolais quality…” David Schildknecht, Robert Parker’s The Wine Advocate “Few Beaujolais growers are in a position to pronounce on the region’s different terroirs ... Learn MorePIERRE-MARIE CHERMETTE BEAUJOLAIS LES GRIOTTES 2018$34.99 Per item
- Vissoux's exemplary old vines bottling was first crafted in 1986 at the behest of Jean Brouilly, the then Michelin-starred chef of Tarare restaurant. The idea behind this wine when it was first produced was to be a counter reaction to the ... Learn MorePIERRE-MARIE CHERMETTE BEAUJOLAIS ORIGINE VIEILLES VIGNES 2017$46.99 Per item
- A unique wine, and not a typcal Beaujolais. This Gamay sourced from the region it treated in much the same way as a Burgundian Pinot Noir. With zero carbonic maceration and French oak treatment, this is a true sensory delight. ... Learn More
- “18 was abundant, so there’s work to be done now as I hadn’t much to sell from the 16 and 17 vintages – so now heading to salons after having done none in the last two years! 2018 was a year without hail, ... Learn MoreDOMAINE MEE GODARD MOULIN A VENT "AU MICHELON" 2018$89.99 Per item
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER**
This pack contains a bottle of 12 different wines to be opened during a series of 4 online tastings held throughout late August and early September 2020.
Across 4 weeks we will ... Learn More