Australia, Great Southern
Wine regions are in almost all the states with Victoria having 21 regions! Read more about key wine regions such as Margaret River, Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale, Eden Valley, Clare Valley, Hunter Valley, Yarra Valley and local to New South Wales, Cowra, Southern Highlands and Mudgee.
Set among the backdrop of Australia’s most majestic landmarks, the Great Southern Wine Region boasts an incredible size fit for both winemaker and enthusiast. With its five sub-regions of Denmark, Frankland River, Mount Barker, Porongurup and Albany, winemakers are treated to an abundance of unique soil types and weather conditions, while enthusiasts can enjoy an array of wine styles with something for every palate.
The region's most recent trends showcase just how popular it’s becoming. Wineries in the region are being blessed by the cooler climate which is conducive to the production of the extremely popular Australian Shiraz. Pinot Noir enthusiasts can also expect great things to happen with the southern climate and terroir being superb for wine production. On top of that, the region is also upping the ante in terms of competition, being among the best in Australia for Riesling, a fierce competitor to South Australia’s renowned Clare Valley.
You could almost say that wines and the Great Southern were made for each other!
- Made to enjoy in its youth the Rocky Gully Riesling displays generosity of flavour and delicacy making it an ideal accompaniment with a wide range of foods and occasions. Fresh pear and citrus blossom aromas, as well as bath salt ... Learn More
- Great Southern, with it's cooler climate is quickly becoming know for producing very high quality wines. This wine is sourced from one of the largest and most respected producers in the region, a Halliday Wine Companion 5 Star Winery to boot! ... Learn More
- This Cabernet Sauvignon is from our most mature vineyards in Mt Barker with only the best parcels of fruit being selected for the ‘Book Ends’. This is classic cool climate Cabernet with it’s deep colour, rich plum fruit aromas ... Learn MoreWEST CAPE HOWE 'BOOK ENDS' CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2016$28.00 Per item
- Sourced from our most mature vineyards in Mount Barker, only the very best parcels of the fruit are selected for ‘Two Steps’. This is a gorgeous aromatic Shiraz with the savory and spicy fruit characters typical of the region. This ... Learn More
- Limey, floral, mineral, stone fruit aromas still showing with honeydew richness leading the aged characters. A beautifully balanced aged Riesling. This 2011 now with a soft palate, acidity and a mouth-filling flavour complexity. A treat to taste a wine like this ... Learn More
- 96 POINTS, JAMES HALLIDAY'S WINE COMPANION Great Southern Riesling deserves more attention in the world of wine, particularly at this price. Beautifully balanced, fresh lime juice and lemon blossom flavours fill its zesty, concentrated palate, with minerally acidity streaming long into ... Learn More
- **98 Points Halliday - Top 100 Wines Halliday wine Companion** Deeply coloured. A superb cabernet that will be calling the shots for decades to come. Its richness is spectacular because it parallels the wine's power. Endless peaks of supple blackcurrant and cassis ... Learn MoreDUKE'S MAGPIE HILL RESERVE CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2018$35.00 Per item
- Walking the Singlefile vineyard in the Denmark sub-region of the Great Southern we classify our chardonnay fruit and determine the ideal picking time to produce a cool-climate chardonnay with both power and finesse. Planted in 1989, the vineyard straddles the 35-degree ... Learn More
**THIS ONLINE TASTING IS OVER**
Wine education made fun and entertaining, let's explore some new and classic bubbles together just in time for the festive season.
Join us for the ultimate Christmas debate, ... Learn More