Armagnac was never produced in the same vast quantities that Cognac has been produced and as such, was and continues to be produced by mainly smaller, family-owned producers rather than the ‘big players’ in Cognac.
There are ten different grape varieties used in the production of Armagnac, but four grape varieties in particular provide the backbone for the majority of Armagnacs. Always blended, the four main grape varieties are Baco 22A, Colombard, Folle Blanche and Ugni Blanc.
United Cellars import a wide range of Armagnacs from key producers such as Delord, Castarede, Comte de Lamaestre, Maison Gélas and many more!
Items 1-40 of 54
- An ideal style for celebrations and warm evenings, Aurelia Prosecco displays a spritzy, fine bead of bubbles and a delicate pale straw colour. It is soft on the palate with delightful pear and citrus blossom notes and a fruity, floral ... Learn More
- Ca' del Sole produces wines in keeping with the style and quality that people have become accustomed to from the traditional Prosecco region. Fruity aroma of pear, peach and white flowers closing with mineral notes. Well balanced, soft and savoury ... Learn More
- Peachy fragrance with fresh, floral aromas. Great vibrancy, texture and balance with a creamy mouth feel and notes of pear skin, nectarine and citrus. The finish is clean and crisp without being excessively dry. Fruit is sourced from a young ... Learn More
- "We are conscious that each of us, within its own limit, can give its active contribution to the battle against pollution for a cleaner tomorrow starting from today. In our vineyards we use only methods that guarantee full respect of ... Learn More
- 89% Glera and 11% Pinot Noir from vineyards on the alluvial soils of San Martino al Tagliamento near Pordenone in Fruili. Justin Bubb crafts his Prosecco rosé in the regionally traditional charmat method, and leaves the blend on lees to build further ... Learn More
- A remarkably lingering Armagnac, eloquent proof that a four-year-old brandy can already be very good. ... Learn More
- The delicate finale emphasises the recent marriage of the fruit and the woody structure. A remarkably lingering Armagnac, eloquent proof that an eight year old brandy can already be very good ... Learn More
- The appellation Napoleon is a blend of Armagnac of at least 5 years old. Our Napoleon is a blend of Armagnacs which are around 15 years old. Gives ripe prune aromas and dry fruits. Is very smooth with some rancio notes. ... Learn More
- ranciacorta Brut Millesimo 2009 has been awarded the "5 Grappoli" rating by the Guida Bibenda 2016. Aroma is crisp and fresh with notes of almond and bread. It is fresh, well balanced and persistent, showing notes of dried fruit and citrus. In 1975 Enrico ... Learn More
- A fantastic selection of sparkling wines from around the world. The perfect way to celebrate Summer!... Learn MoreThis cognac comes from the blend of 2003 and 2008 vintages, two harvest that were distillated on dregs, and then aged in big grain oak casks. The water reduction was done on an 18 months period in our cellars. ... Learn MoreTotally natural, unique, and quaint. ... Learn MoreA clean, intense nose expressing softness with vanilla and a pleasant note of cocoa. The esters are subdued, and reveal exotic fragrances when the brandy is exposed to the air. This unusual Bas Armagnac brandies offer a comprehensive and surprising ... Learn MoreThe aromas of crystallised stone-fruits and liquorice are the sign of a great Armagnac of which Gascony can be proud ... Learn MoreA boisterous 12 year old Bas Armagnac blended and bottled by the incomparable Darroze as part of their Grands Assemblages range. Hints of liquorice and cinnamon here, this really blossoms after a minute or two breathing in the glass. ... Learn MoreFolle Blanche is the historic variety of Armagnac which once dominated the vineyards before their destruction by phylloxera in 1878 ... Learn MoreAged in oak barrels. This vintage bottled in 2016 has been aging for 29 years in oak barrels. This 1987 vintage is a powerful expression, fresh and fruit-driven on the nose. Hints of liquorice as well. It’s not as earthy as some ... Learn MoreThe Hors d'Age from Domaine Tariquet is a supple and complex eau-de-vie, combining finesse and power. The tannins are perfectly integrated, testifying to a subtle alliance between oak and fruit. The finish offers superb aromas of toast, rancio and candied ... Learn MoreMaturity begins at 30. The fresh fruit is transformed into dried and candied fruit, the spicy character asserts itself, the first aromas of "rancio" appear and the alcohol is perfectly mellow. The fiery youth softens and relents. This Grand Assemblage is ... Learn More
This case of wine is the perfect curated pack to get you sorted for Summer! Easy drinking, crisp, dry, Summer whites, Rose and Prosecco! What else could you need? Whether it's for a picnic or just to enjoy the ... Learn MoreTopazes and sienna robe with orange touches. It offers a nose with complex flavours, which marries animal notes like leather, floral flavours like eucalyptus and fruity flavours like dry fig and blond tobacco. After warming it up, we can smell ... Learn MoreEncapsulating all the top aromatic qualities of the 1985 Folle Blanche, yet slightly softer. ... Learn MoreDomaine Boingneres 2001 Folle Blanche - Bas Armagnac$250.00 Per itemDistilled in 1985 from Folle Blanche and Colombard grapes, this wonderful Armagnac offers up Rich, spicy flavour. Another stunner from Domaine de Boingnères. ... Learn More