ABBOTTS & DELAUNAY 'DOMAINE DE LA METAIRIE D’ALON' CHARDONNAY 2018

  • Organic
SKU
ADCH201810 UCAU
$28.99 Per item
Price:
Bottle
750ml (Bottle)
$28.99 Per item
Pale gold in colour with green highlights. Lifted nose boasting a great deal of complexity: white peach, ripe lemon followed by notes of baked citrus dessert and subtle florals. Integrated oak is in support of a well balanced, fresh wine with brightness, vivacity and remarkable length. Winemaking: The whole bunches of grapes were fed into a small 20-hl pneumatic press via a conveyor belt. No sulphur was added. The “tailles” and “queues” (first and final pressings) were discarded. Static settling lasted 24 hours, after which, a portion of the wine underwent fermentation in oak (500-litre demi-muids for more subtle oak nuances in addition to 2 to 5-year-old barrels) without any added sulphur, with the remainder of the wine fermented in stainless steel was maintained at monitored temperatures. Ageing: 75% of the cuvée was aged for 8 months on the lees in the barrels the wine was fermented in and stirred once or twice. The remaining 25% was aged at low temperatures in stainless steel. Malolactic fermentation was carried out on only 20% of the cuvée. Bottled early in May.
Pale gold in colour with green highlights. Lifted nose boasting a great deal of complexity: white peach, ripe lemon followed by notes of baked citrus dessert and subtle florals. Integrated oak is in support of a well balanced, fresh wine with brightness, vivacity and remarkable length. Winemaking: The whole bunches of grapes were fed into a small 20-hl pneumatic press via a conveyor belt. No sulphur was added. The “tailles” and “queues” (first and final pressings) were discarded. Static settling lasted 24 hours, after which, a portion of the wine underwent fermentation in oak (500-litre demi-muids for more subtle oak nuances in addition to 2 to 5-year-old barrels) without any added sulphur, with the remainder of the wine fermented in stainless steel was maintained at monitored temperatures. Ageing: 75% of the cuvée was aged for 8 months on the lees in the barrels the wine was fermented in and stirred once or twice. The remaining 25% was aged at low temperatures in stainless steel. Malolactic fermentation was carried out on only 20% of the cuvée. Bottled early in May.